- Provide technical support, both remotely and on-site.
- Support the entire network, from end-user workstations to back-office servers and basic infrastructure.
- Respond to and resolve performance and reliability issues of various systems.
- Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Create detailed tickets for each job/task.
- Create client and internal documentation for sites as requested.
- Flexible schedule; some of our clients start working as early as 0600. There is occasionally a need for after-hours/weekend work.
- Install and maintain hardware and software as required by clients. This includes, but isn’t limited to, servers, workstations, and miscellaneous appliances.
- Rack/unrack data center equipment as needed.
- Intermediate to advanced Windows system administration skills. (Windows 7, 10, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019).
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory administration.
- Ability to set up both internal and external DNS.
- Ability to create and maintain SSL certificates.
- At least a basic knowledge of automating repetitive sysadmin tasks using batch files, PowerShell, and similar tools.
- Experience administering MS Exchange 2013 and 2016 and/or Office 365/Exchange Online.
- Basic administration skills for VMware vCenter/ESXi.
- Customer-focused, results-oriented individuals with a cheerful demeanor and "can-do" attitude work best for our clients and us.
- Minimum 1-3 years real-world experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multitask and switch between projects and respond to customer’s emergency requests.
- A passion for providing outstanding customer service and support.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal to moderate supervision, requesting clarification or assistance as needed.
- Ability to safely lift up to 30 pounds, for purposes of racking/unracking equipment and installing/uninstalling/moving workstations and associated equipment.
Bonus points given for experience with:
- MSP support.
- Barracuda products (Essentials, Backup, Web Filter, Web App Filter, etc.).
- VMware VSAN.
- Tegile/Tintri Intelliflash SAN.
- Trend Micro, Malwarebytes, and/or Sophos Antivirus.
- Veeam and/or Zerto, especially in conjunction with Exagrid storage.
- SonicWALL and/or Palo Alto Networks security appliances.
- Datto RMM (or a similar MSP endpoint management system).
- Track record of creating detailed documentation using tools such as Word and Visio.
- Correlating and analyzing systems data to produce useful reports for IT management and/or IT end users.
- Bringing order out of chaos.
- Automating systems maintenance and reporting tasks.
- Microsoft certifications (desired, not required).
- Prior work in a customer-facing hospitality position (hotel, cruise line, restaurant, travel agency).
KIS is a well-established IT Solutions and Services provider. Founded in 1988 we have a proven track record of established and stable relationships with well - known top I.T. manufactures like VMware, Barracuda, Dell to name a few. We value and invest in relationships not only with our vendor partners and our valued customers but most importantly, we value “Our Team”, it is our employees who make KIS a great organization.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- California: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Computer networking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19